Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Its already DECEMBER!

I just can't get over how fast this year has gone, just last week Elin started 6th grade and now, her first trimester is over. She is getting mostly A's & B's in school. This trimester she starts P.E. and is NOT happy about it.

Today is Yule log making for the PEO Bazaar. Saturday is the bazaar at the Christian Church. They let us use their Fireplace room with its kitchen and seating area. Hope we have a good turnout of goodies to sell. Its a fun thing to work, as I get to see people I haven't seen for a while. Old family friends & new friends made over the years. I sure don't think I've made enough. All those beads I have and only have a few items to go in the sale. I made lots of Christmas cards and generic all occasion cards. Guess I should clean off the table again and get some more done.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I was emailing back and forth with a gal that went to Jr. High (middle school these days). She told me that her parents sold her off at age 15 to get married, just like her mom had been. She said it was a family tradition until her. How sad. She doesn't plan on ever coming back to town as she has very few happy memories here.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Vancouver, WA, United States
I am a 50 something with a wonderful husband and 16 year old daughter. For work I do computer IT part time. For fun, I write genealogy web pages, take pictures and just enjoy my daughter. 8 years ago, I became a soccer mom, a roll I've really enjoyed. We recently relocated to Vancouver Washington and are loving the area