Sunday, November 2, 2008

A few days ago, this little fellow was across the street with her mother and twin. She was eventually chased off the driveway by the Johnson's cat, who was just heading toward the back yard and the food bowl.

Mom and I spent a few hours raking leaves last weekend. I think we got about 15 or 16 bags of leaves out of the front yard. The Johnson's across the street took all of them for their compost pile. That was 1 less trip to the dump!

We survived Halloween. Shutdown the lights early because of the amount of teenagers. Elin went Trick-or-treating as a Gypsy. While the little kids are very cute, the big ones are strange. They don't even take the time to dress up anymore, just come out as their weird selves.

Todd's home from his business travels and I've got the laundry done for next week.

One thing I did do last week was purchase a "new" laptop. I found it on Craig's list here in town. Guy purchased it a year ago, spent big $$$ on CPU and memory upgrades and OS upgrade, the turned around and purchased a new one since he could not get the USB ports working. So he sold it to me for $350.00. I've spent most the weekend fighting Elin for it so I can get it set up for work tomorrow. It actually plays some games that we haven't been able to do do to lack of proper hardware. I'm very pleased with it. I'm learning Vista, just not sure I like it, but so far it does every thing I ask it to do.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Vancouver, WA, United States
I am a 50 something with a wonderful husband and 16 year old daughter. For work I do computer IT part time. For fun, I write genealogy web pages, take pictures and just enjoy my daughter. 8 years ago, I became a soccer mom, a roll I've really enjoyed. We recently relocated to Vancouver Washington and are loving the area