Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feburary is shot

With only a couple days left in February, I realized I hadn't checked in for a while. I spent Valentines weekend in Sacramento CA at my soccer Section meetings. Had a really great time. Spent about 9 hours driving down and back with 2 people on the board that I didn't know very well before we left. It was fun watching as the enthusiasm from the meetings moved into Christine and Lisa. They are so gung-ho now to do fund raising and trainings. We get started tomorrow evening at our first board meeting of the year.

The trimester is almost over for Elin. So far, 2 weeks has been cut from the end of the school year moving the last day of school from June to May 28th. The budget is at 1.1 mil in the hole so far this school year, no idea where it will end at, they are expecting to be something like 3 mil in the hole by the end of the year. Its really sad that neighboring schools are raising funds for our students to be able to have spring sports and compete. All of the coaches are going to volunteer their time for the track for both boys and girls.

Good night, sleep tight

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Vancouver, WA, United States
I am a 50 something with a wonderful husband and 16 year old daughter. For work I do computer IT part time. For fun, I write genealogy web pages, take pictures and just enjoy my daughter. 8 years ago, I became a soccer mom, a roll I've really enjoyed. We recently relocated to Vancouver Washington and are loving the area